Now that spring is officially here, it’s important to make certain that the windows sparkle as they let in the spring sunlight. In your spring cleaning to make sure your windows are squeaky clean, consider these windows cleaning tips:
- Choose a cloudy day for your spring window cleaning. Direct sunlight can dry the cleaning solution before you can properly polish the glass.
- Be sure to wash both inside and outside the windows for a full-window clean.
- Consider using a rubber-edged squeegee instead of cloth or paper towels for a faster, more effective method of cleaning.
- For high windows, use a squeegee with a long handle for maximum reach.
- Once washing, start from the top to avoid drips.
- Place a cloth at the base of the window to absorb any drips and help protect the frames.
- Wash one side of a window with horizontal strokes and the other with vertical strokes. This technique will allow you to see which side of the window has a streak.
- Polish away tiny scratches using toothpaste.
- If you want your windows to have an extreme shine, try polishing windows with crumpled newspaper or a well-washed cotton T-shirt.
- After washing, be sure to dry the windowsills with a cloth to help protect the varnish and frame.
At Renewal by Andersen, we understand how window cleaning can be a hassle; that’s why we designed our replacement windows to be easy to clean. Learn more about our easy to clean windows and more tips on window maintenance on our site. Enjoy your sparkling new windows and Happy Spring!