Most homes incorporate window seats into their interior design, but they sometimes look and feel like an afterthought. By using window seats effectively, you can make the most of your windows and create a space that seamlessly matches your home’s décor.
Renewal by Andersen® of Milwaukee can help you with this. We are the premier windows contractor in Milwaukee you can count on for your design needs. Here are some handy tips to help you create window seats that command absolute attention in your home:
1. Install window seats near your doors. Homeowners sometimes tuck window seats away in a corner to avoid negative space in the room. While this offers a perfect spot for quiet moments, you can do things differently and place them near the center of the room. This allows for some additional seating during parties and family gatherings. It also means that you can enjoy a seat with a view, while still being part of all the activity.
2. Use window seats to connect indoor spaces with the outside. Here’s an idea—why not make transitions from outdoors to indoors a little smoother? You can achieve this by having window seats near your exterior doors in Wisconsin. It offers a comfortable place for taking shoes on and off. This can also function as a nice waiting area for a friend as you’re getting ready to go out.
3. Consider window seats along picture units. Enjoy a panoramic view of the Wisconsin outdoors in the best way by using picture units as window seats. Whether it involves a lovely sunset or sun-drenched woodlands, maximizing your home’s view is far easier.
4. Create a cozy reading nook with window seats. Get your reading game on by tucking a window seat between two bookshelves. It offers the perfect place to enjoy a good book while benefiting from considerable natural light. A lovely casement window from Renewal by Andersen of Milwaukee will do just the trick. Aside from access to natural lighting, you can also open these windows in Milwaukee, WI, fully to catch a breeze as you read.
5. Place window seats on stair landings. Create a more interesting stairway by incorporating this tip into your home. It’s a thoughtful gesture, and easily turns an otherwise functional area into something more special. A tall picture window from Renewal by Andersen will be perfect here.
Turn to Renewal by Andersen of Milwaukee for lovely and durable replacement units that can command attention in your home. Call us at (262) 955-8400 or fill out our form today for a free estimate.